03 January 2009

..:: Congrates me ::..

I'm on cloud nine now!
I did it!
I survived!
I got the job!!


*******************************************************************

Went for the job interview this morning. I was expecting the interview to be in English, turns out to be in Mandarin. Ohh well, suits me fine since I can speak fluent Mandarin, but written is so not me! I wasnt that nervous or scared about the interview thingy, I'm more worried about the first day I teach. I survived the interview thingy and they hired me! Call me lucky cause the tuition centre is short of teacher at the moment. I'm please and glad!

This is my first time going for an interview, what more to say, my FIRST job. I just hope I dont freak out next Monday. I'm teaching Science and Maths, primary 4,5 & 6. I'll pray hard these kids wont be a pain on the neck, otherwise I really dont know how to handle them.

Problems spinning in my head now. I have 3 major problems with me. First, I have stage fright. Gotta overcome this otherwise how the hell I gonna go to Uni or college?? -.-'' Second, I have soft voice. Well, this is easy I guess. I'll just shout if they cant hear me. Third, the worst of all I have to teach Science and Maths in Mandarin!! Duhhhhh!! They gave me a sample of the teacher's copy for Science subject just now and I tried reading those words. MAN!! My Mandarin is really poor. I had difficulties reading those words!! Worst, I dont even recognise or read some of the Mandarin words though it's Primary syllabus. Failure though I took Mandarin till Form5. Guess I have to bring a Chinese Dictionary with me to class. Lol.

Anyway, Val might be joining me. I hope she gets this job too, then I'll have a partner!
All the best Val =)

5 comments:

  1. Congratz!!
    Where's the tuition centre?
    I'm starting to work on Monday too.. Lala..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! Janson?? How did u arrive at my blog! Link me!! The Arena Tuition Centre near Choice Premier 101.. really?? working as?? All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work as sales assistant under Switch @ Spring.
    The time there quite flexible and I'm under training. Haha..
    How did I get here? Through ShuYi's blog lor!!
    If not sure I'm going to miss this place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mdm Angelina.
    mdm tan.
    wait.
    wrong.
    *change to kiddy voice*
    ..
    Chen lao shi!!!! haha i wanna go there for tuition! XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahem! Miss TAN here! haha... they call me teacher, saying my name too long...lol! u fast fast go kindergarden teach lw...haha

    ReplyDelete