21 December 2008

Tang Yuan

Tang Yuan is a Chinese delicacy made from glutinous rice flour. It is traditionally eaten during DongZhi [tomorrow is DongZhi] or YuanXiao [Lantern festival]. Ewh! Better stop it. I sound as if I'm writting an essay like in high school.

It's Tang Yuan festival tomorrow. Being the traditional one, Dady decided to make Tang Yuan. He hired me as his assistant! I shall say I'm a good assistant, compared to the 3 musketeers! Boo-hoo! I suggested Dad to try out Chocolate Tang Yuan! The taste turns out nice. It'd be better if some of them didnt break into pieces, then the chocolate inside it wouldn't have flowed out and caused the soup to become ugly brown colour.

I love love love Tang Yuan! I used to help Grandma when I was a kid. Grandma says i have small hands, so i make a better, more rounded Tang Yuan! Haha. Wonder if she still continues the tradition and makes Tang Yuan this year in Singapore. *Miss her* I hope she does! Then those 3 little kids can try it, cos hers taste really nice!


Chocolate Tang Yuan


Christmas Tang Yuan

Look at those Tang Yuan... *drools*

No comments:

Post a Comment