21 March 2009

Hungry for Hope

30 hours worth of experience left me in awe.
The 1st 30-Hour Famine was held in Miri.
Now, they are finally here in KUCHING!!

My group

Taken before the programme starts which is at 11.30am

One of the activities - massage the person in front you
...where i went all ticklish and giggle there.



Of all the activities and programmes, Famine Challenge 1 is the best. In this challenge, all campers will be set in a scene where earthquake just strike, where each family member plays a vital role to ensure the survival of the whole family. Chaos, long queue, pushing and squeezing, you name it.

Here we are building our lil house out of chairs, strings, newspapers and cellophane tape.

Tada! The lil homie home.

See those happy faces??

Total satisfaction with our handmade home


Various entertainment such as the Poverty Quiz Show where Danell Lee, Francissca Peter and Jolin the emcee battle against each other and live performances from Studio 23, Soulcatchez, Evenstarr, Danell and Francissca.

Francissca Peter


Camping indoor with air cond some more.
At 11.45pm, we are still energetic and wide awake despite the singing and cheering for 3 hours from the Famine Showcase. Still smiling so sweet.
Drastic change the next day


*drumrolls*

*****
***
**
*

By 5.30am the next day...where's the smile??

Group 9 is really an amazing group. Met a bunch of great, friendly people here and made new friends. We have 2 adults, a Nigerian friend, a 10 year old girl and the teenagers with us.



Angelina. Linus. Yuki.

Me. Gladys. Karen. Phoebe.

This girl Mei Yun is so cute. I was walking pass her group then she stopped me. "Come kneel down, let me have a closer look." I was like : uh, u know me?? Then she nodded. "u know me for me or u know my brother Robin??" She went "err..BOTH!!"


The next thing i knew, a wave hits me : Why everyone recognises me for 'ey! Robin's sister!'

Jiun Shuan. Me. Mei Yun.

ex-highians + highians


Groupie # 1

Groupie # 2


Groupie # 3


Let's jump up high!!


At 6pm sharp, we had our first bite.
Say hi to our FOOD!!
Everyone cheering after puasa-ing for 30 hours long.

No comments:

Post a Comment